Visual Problem Appraisal (VPA) is a film-based learning strategy to enhance the analysis of complex issues and facilitate a plan of action. It is used in workshops dealing with problem analysis and policy design, and involves the participants ‘meeting’ stakeholders through the latter’s filmed narratives.
VPA (Visual Problem Appraisal) is:
- an educational package, which uses filmed narratives
- concerned with complex and wicked problem settings
- used for problem analysis and policy design
- focusing on dialogue and participation
- aiming at primary and secondary stakeholders, decision makers and future practitioners